Today is a good day the Lord had given us!
Yesterday, we spent the day discussing our reunion with Denis... It is impossible to explain the feeling inside. We never imagined the Lord would bring us to adopt... but as soon as we were brought together with Denis we knew it was the Lord's will and that Denis was meant to be a part of our family. We can't imagine our lives without him. He truly is a blessing.
Bob is sleeping and I am up eagerly awaiting his arrival. I didn't sleep at all last night. Denis was supposed to arrive at 11:00am but the Director of the Orphanage was unable to get away, due to today being a holiday. Once again waiting... More time to pray, more time to think about seeing him again after 22 months. I never thought that I could love a boy the same as I love my own children. When we parted the first time it was like sending my child back to a place I would never want them to go or experience.
Denis is a loving boy that is positive and fun. He is a gentle spirit. He reminds us so much of Bob and all our children agree. Katie said, "Mom we need Denis in our family... we need him". When I was with him I couldn't stop looking at him... there was something amazing that the LORD was doing, I believe the Lord was giving me the desire of my heart to love Denis. I thank the Lord for this precious boy... I pray that the Lord will teach Bob and I to be the best parents to him and all our children. Kyle and Denis became very close the first day they met. Kyle is so good with kids. Taylor helped him to be comfortable. They laughed and played.
Our train to Cheboksary didn't leave until evening last nigh, so Bob and I tackled the Moscow Metro (famous subway) by ourselves. We took the Metro to Red Square. We didn't have time to see Red Square but we made it through the metro... thankfully the Lord allowed me to learn Russian alphabet otherwise we would of been lost. Bob said, "we are on the wrong train, we need to get on the other one and go the other way"... I said, "no, I can read that we are going in the right direction" There for a minute I thought we were lost and went to a lady and spoke Russian and found out we were going the right way.
Last night a dear friend, Galya, (like a daughter to our friends the Sullivan's) took us to the train station. Thank you Sarah S for bringing her to help us, she was wonderful!
The train ride was amazing to Cheboksary. We were able to meet with our coordinator Marina... she is wonderful. We are now at a home stay, Luda and Peter's home. Kurt and Jill they say "Hi and love you and that you are their family" Thank you for sending us to them! The experience here in Russia has been truly one of my favorite experiences in my lifetime. I love it here and wish the kids could be here to experience it. It is very different than we imagined... far better.
Please pray for our court day tomorrow. Everyone says it will be difficult. Denis has to sit in the whole time. Please pray for protection and peace over him. It's hard to hear that your parents don't want you and they review all of his medical needs which will be difficult for him.
We will post pictures soon!
Thank you for sharing your lives with us and for your prayers! Please praise the LORD for all HE has done... HE truly has blessed us in so many ways. I have fallen on my knees in awe of HIS love! Jesus you are our rock and salvation! Please Lord Jesus watch over us in every way.
LORD BLESS
No comments:
Post a Comment